Ask.Video
Forums
  • Martin
    Hello World!
    Okay, it's official, Steve's new Logic TNT (Tips 'N Tricks) series is already one of the most popular ever released at macProVideo.com (and we have not even released it yet!!). I must admit, I'm incredibly excited about this series. We've conceptualized it to contain workflow issues that fall outside of our normal Logic training. You'll get high-level tips, tricks and music making techniques, and a few other surprises along the way (including guest cameos!). More than anything else, we hope to make the TNT series a fun and interactive series with great information for you to explore and incorporate into your workflow. On the interactive side, Steve brings you this forum. Drop by, say hi, and let Steve know what topics you'd like to see covered. Or if you have a tip of your own, feel free to post it here! Thanks All! Martin
  • Randy Johnson
    Re: Hello World!
    This is KILLER! I look forward to being a part of this......get ready for a boatload of work Steve!! LOL!!
  • odessaflyer
    Space Ship XLR8
    Hello Down there! I'm out on a space ship called Logic/Live heading for somewhere across the cosmos to a electronic music ferstival called Technoshera! I hope that one day i will be able to perform something there myself. meanwhile I continue to tinker in the space engines. I have Ultrabeat humming along with seperate aux tracks each with a delicoius FX sound on it, and I've got four sequences programmed with "program mode" and "mute" mode set to be operated by the Remote SL automap keyboard. Rewire allows the two programs to talk to each other and within limitations of each program - I've managed to record someting that plays back from both programd at once...at least i think so... I've also taken pre-recorded wave files I've made and "processed them in Live" to be one set of sounds, with Logic having Sculpture, ESX24, EVOC and Space designer on the other side. I like the idea of having a sort of *performance mode* by using Ultrabeat in a way to sort of hit keys to set sequences or mute notes *on the fly* rather that to fix notes in advance in the matrix editor or however it's done...but the problem is - -Recording - Ultrabeat will not record into Live and live will record into Logic but Logic requires bouncing which means no using Ultrabeat in the way described...Steve, you mentioned a way to use cheap work around pluggins to be able to get a virtual instrument in Logic to record into an audio track. Is it possible to describe this now...or do you want to wait for the *Tips N Tricks" video? My main interest is how to create form and structure and progressions for electronic dance and ambient music when there is such powerful performance capability to the new *tools* that both Logic and Live have built in. How to create interesting structures with as much improvizational flexibility as possible before "committing" to the song structure and then..how to get good drum tracks to line up in timing with the other designed sounds...maintaining as much organic 'feel" to the structure evolving as possible using such mechanical tools. hope this is clear enough!
  • steveH
    Re: Space Ship XLR8
    There is a cool work around to record your "live" performances in Logic... unfortunately it only does it in MONO!! I'll have to save that for a tutorial. However, there are two products that can help you out. One is a simple program called Wire Tap Pro (about $25) which will simple record the outputs of your computer. And, there's another FREE program called "Soundflower" which will give you the ability to reroute (internally) any audio app output to any other audio app input! You can Google them to find out more info.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: