Ask.Video
Forums
  • Deryvau
    The Art Of De-Clicking
    Hi gang I often run in situations whrere I need to de-click my audio files , due to the fact that I do a lot of random sample mashing ect.. often resulting in loud clicks I have been using the pencil tool in order of getting rid of them (while this method works out) It is very tedious especially on long files (I am talking 2-3hours work on some files) I have been googling this topic up and see a few software with this in mind but they seem to be more on the humm/DC reduction , Vinyl restoration end . Any ideas in helping me out , for some fast declicking within Logic kindest regards and thanks again !!!
  • Xidehoy
    Re: The Art Of De-Clicking
    I'm just transitioning to Logic from Sonar. Using Sonar, I ran into similar issues trying to get clean up ancient jazz samples so I could include bits and pieces in my recordings. The only [efficient] success I ever had was using a plugin and even then it wasn't totally automatic. Some files still needed hand crafting. I don't own one for Logic, but there are a few out there : http://www.audioscout.com/product/14391 Shaun
  • Martin
    The pencil tool might be your only friend here unless you want to spend some cash. Or, you could also try puting a VERY small crossfade over the transition between regions in your mashups. Waves produce a plugin called "X-Click" that also works a treat for these situations, but it's a few $$$ to say the least. You can, however, buy their plugins a'la carte, so you could pick up just the x-click, if that's all you require. [url]http://waves.com/Content.aspx?id=199[/url]
  • mark
    Have you tried using the fade option in the top left of logic screen - fade in/out. thats what i use to fade out clicks on sampled kicks???
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: