Ask.Video
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Drum mapping
    I need some expert help here. I purchased EZDrummer. It has a bunch of midi grooves and a proprietary voice mapping that is not GM compliant. EZDrummer has open mappings above 65 (F3). Here's what I would like to do : - Have a midi region play in Logic - route the region's signal through a map such that: - (A1->F3) are routed to the ezdrummer plugin - (F3 and above) are routed to another plugin (like ultrabeat) to cover some GM stuff I need. I am going to experiment today to try to figure this out..it smells like a easy thing to do. Cheers, Shaun
  • Xidehoy
    Re: Drum mapping
    I solved it. On an environment layer, I created an audio instrument and associated it with a track on the arrange page. I then setup a mapped instrument and 2 channel strips on the environment layer: - one with ezdrummer as the i/o - one with UB as the i/o. In the mapped instrument, I assigned all the EZdrummer voices (A1->F3) to cable 1 and anything else to cable 2. So now, any trigger in the range of A1-F3 is 'cabled' to EZdrummer and the rest are 'cabled' to UB. What it means is I can fill in or replace instruments missing from EZDrummer (like congas, timbales, shakers etc) with instruments from any another synth like UB or ES2. Now, I'm trying to find a drum patch that is plain jane GM.. If anyone would like a screen capture, let me know. Shaun
  • mPV Support
    You provide answer to you own question... cool! Thanks for sharing! :-)
  • Xidehoy
    No problem. Really, it was just a matter of going back to MVP's Environment tutorial, applying the principles and some trial and error. Cheers, Shaun
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: