Thnx for replying ..I'll copy your Q so the thread flows neatly..& i'll answer as best as i can .
1. what are your mac's specs?-- Dual 2.5 ghz power pc g5
2. os x system?-- 10.4.10
3. version of logic.-- 7.2.3
4. ram/cpu-- 3.5 gb ram
5. more than 2-4GB disk space remaining on your system drive and drive you are running your audio files from? --- i have 33 gigs available space & the drive is internal.
6. If you are using a laptop - does it have a 5400rpm drive (slower) or a 7200rpm drive (faster)? no laptop
7. are you running your audio files from an external hard disk? INTERNAL
8. What about your cpu meter in logic? what is it's reading?--- Currently with no plugins(efx) -6 INST channels & no audio playing the meter read - disk i/o is not poping up @ all ! and the audio side is popping up very very little.
9. I/O buffer settings? (setting them higher will result in more latency during recording - but take the strain of your cpu and HD during playback/mixing.--
It is set @ 512. I have never had to change it & it always runs smooth. I took you advise and up it to 1024 & nothing the same ..
10. which audio interface are you using? I use the digi 002
11. what sample rate is your project? 44100
12. how many other audio tracks and instrument tracks are running simultaneously?
0 audio tracks & 6 inst tracks currently & it still chokes . The track has 17 inst tracks & 1 audio track in total but again i have minimized it down to the bare hoping somthing would change but it has not .
13. is your audio file split into lots and lots of separate regions on the same track? No i use the loop function on all channels until i have to edit .
If so try bouncing the track offline, reimporting it, muting the original and see if problem persists?? i am avaoiding bouncing it into audio beacause all automation is not finished.
-Keep in mind that no matter what command i try it starts to locking up . Even if its to press the play button , it spins for a min or two then it might play or give the disk to slow option .
I have many other projects were im using a ton of INS ch , audio , efx , automation etc .. really pushing my computer & she handels fine . It's this one spicific project ..
I really need to keep this project ...wat can it be ???
Thnx again .. Let me know if you have any ideas or direction to put in .